Campsite la Riviere is located in Les-Eyzies-de-Tayac in the Dordogne region of France.
Campsite la Riviere
Campsite la Riviere is a small 4 star family friendly campsite that is located on the banks of the Vezere river.
Occupying a wonderful position amidst the stunning Dordogne countryside, Campsite la Riviere is just a 10 minute walk from the centre of Les-Eyzies-de-Tayac which lies on the opposite side of the river.
Campsite la Riviere is a perfect campsite for a number of reasons. Firstly, if you’re active then there are a number of great sporting activities available such as cycling, walking, horse riding and canoeing. Secondly, if you want to see all the region has to offer then it’s the perfect base from which you can explore the surrounding area. Lastly, if you just want to relax and recharge your batteries then where better than in the heart of the stunning countryside.
Les-Eyzies-de-Tayac is well know for its unique prehistoric history. In 1979 it was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site due to its series of prehistoric rock dwellings where a number of significant finds and extensive wall drawings were located. The town is now home to the National Museum of Pre History which is well worth visiting.
Also in the town you’ll be able to find everything you’ll need whilst on holiday including a pharmacy, banks, grocery shops and other shops and restaurants.
If you love to lazy around the pool during the heat of the day then there’s a strong chance you’ll like Campsite le Riviere. On site you’ll discover an infinity swimming pool, heated pool and separate paddling pool for smaller children. There’s also an attractive sun terrance where you can sit back and relax whilst the kids are playing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Even though Campsite la Riviere is a relatively small site there are still a good range of on site activities and facilities to ensure you have a fabulous holiday.
On site activities at Campsite la Riviere include table tennis, tennis, boules, cycle hire, canoes, kayaks, fishing and a playground.
Facilities available at Campsite la Riviere include WIFI, restaurant, pizzeria, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite la Riviere campsite includes a range of 2 bedroom tents and mobile homes that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite la Riviere including:
- La Roque St Christophe – A most remarkable sight, La Roque St Christophe is a UNESCO World Heritage Site set within a limestone wall which following erosion was turned into a citadel during the middle ages.
- Beynac-et-Cazenac – The stunning Chateau a Beynac stands on the cliff above the town and the Dordogne River. Visits to the Chateau are well worthwhile with fantastic views being available over the whole valley.
- La-Roque-Gageac – Regularly voted one of the most beautiful villages in France, La-Roque-Gageac nestles between the Dordogne river and the cliffs. Lots of the houses are built into the cliffs and there are also 12th Century troglodyte dwellings high in the cliff face.
- National Museum of Prehistory – The museum features archaeological remains from the best excavations in the Vezere valley. There are simply thousands of items and many displays telling the history of the items and the area.
- Gouffre de Proumeyssac – One of the most spectacular cave systems in the Dordogne, the Gouffre de Proumeyssac has a “Crystal Cathedral” where large stalagmites and stalactites can be seen and you can even be lowered down into the cave in a basket.
Book Campsite la Riviere
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Campsite la Riviere is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY