La Grande Metairie campsite is in Carnac in the Brittany region of France.
La Grande Metairie
La Grande Metairie campsite lies in 15 hectares of wonderful parkland within the grounds of an old Breton farm. It is one of the top campsites in Brittany because it is perfect for families.
This stunning 5-star campsite is part of the Castels group. Therefore, you’re guaranteed two things. First of all, you‘re guaranteed to have a fantastic range of on-site activities and facilities. Similarly you’ll find the campsite is very well maintained.
The stunning town of Carnac is only a few minutes away from the campsite. Carnac probably has everything you could want whilst on holiday. If you like getting out and exploring, you’ll find lots of places nearby.
If you’re interested in prehistory, then you must visit the megalithic standing stones of Carnac. This is easy to do because they are directly opposite the entrance to the campsite. Explore at your leisure or look out for one of the guided tours that are available.
Although not directly on the coast, La Grande Metairie is perfect for those looking for a beach holiday. Carnac boasts a great selection of beaches with the closest lying a mere 3km away. Grande Plage is the largest and probably most popular beach. However, please make sure you check out some others as well whilst staying at the campsite.
The main attraction of La Grande Metairie campsite is the wonderful pool complex at its heart. This is because of the amazing swimming pools, lazy river and water slides. As a result, these along with the jacuzzi and whirlpool will ensure, you have a fantastic holiday.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Grande Metairie campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Grande Metairie campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, boules, mini golf, mini farm, skateboard park, adventure course, scuba diving, pony rides, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Grande Metairie campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do within a short distance of La Grande Metairie campsite including:
- Karting at Ploemel – Ploemel Go Karting is great fun for all the family. This is because it’s the largest open-air go-karting track in the region. Race around this wonderful track, testing your driving skills. Overtake your competitors on the 130 metre long straight and negotiate the bends. The main circuit is for drivers 7 years and up. Younger drivers aged 3-6 can have a go at the special miniature circuit. Disabled visitors have specialized karts to use.
- Lorient Submarine Base – Lorient submarine base was the main U-Boat base in the area during WW2. Furthermore, it offers visitors an insight into life aboard a submarine. The massive concrete hangers were once home to the U-Boats. Filled with a variety of displays, educational exhibits, animations and objects, the tour will guide you through everyday life of the submariners who once sailed beneath the sea. During your visit to the base you can also discover the important part it played in WW2. Once you’ve finished in the hangers, you can climb aboard a decommissioned French Navy submarine.
- Maritime Museum Port Louis – Port Louis is near to the town of Lorient 30km from La Grande Metairie. The maritime museum in Port Louis is inside one of the best citadels in France. The museum is home to a variety of maritime exhibitions including canons, models, ships, paintings and sculptures. The citadel is well preserved and views of Lorient and the sea from the ramparts are excellent.
- Parc de Jeux le P’tit Delire – There’s plenty to do for all ages at le P’tit Delire because this wonderful family park boasts a whole range activities. Activities include a splash park, inflatables, treetop trails, trampolines, mini golf, pedal karts and fun bikes. To complement the wonderful outdoor activities the park also boasts a 600m2 indoor play area. Inside there’s an inflatable castle with slides, monkey bridge, tube structure, maze, obstacles and even a bouncy castle! Whatever the weather you will have a great day out.
- Carnac Standing Stones – The Standing Stones of Carnac lie right outside the campsite. They dawn from the megalithic period and are one of the most visited historic monuments in Brittany. The stones stand in lines for around 2.5km which makes quite a sight. Near to the standing stones is the Musee de Prehistoire de Carnac. The museum has many archaeological exhibitions that help to explain the area, the stones and the variety of finds that have been discovered in the past.
Book La Grande Metairie
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route. Find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Grande Metairie is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY