La Grande Metairie campsite is located in Carnac in the Brittany region of France.
La Grande Metairie
La Grande Metairie campsite is set in 15 hectares of wonderful parkland within the grounds of an old Breton farm. One of the top campsites in Brittany if you’ve got children and you fancy staying in this part of France then this is the campsite for you.
This stunning 5 star campsite is part of the Castels group and as such you’re not only guaranteed to have a fantastic range of on-site activities and facilities but you can also rest assured that the campsite is extremely well maintained.
The stunning town of Carnac is only a few minutes away, where you’ll find everything you could possibly want whilst on holiday. If you like getting out and exploring the areas around where you stay they you’ll be pleased to know that there are a range of different places that can be reached by foot, car or bicycle.
If you’re interested in prehistory then you will be please to know that the megalithic standing stones of Carnac are located directly opposite the entrance to the campsite. Explore at you’re leisure or look out for one of the guided tours that are available.
Although not directly on the coast, La Grande Metairie is perfect for those looking for a beach holiday. Carnac boasts a great selection of beaches with the closest lying a mere 3km away. Grande Plage is the largest and probably most popular but please make sure you check out some of the others as well whilst staying at the campsite.
The main attraction of La Grande Metairie campsite is the wonderful pool complex at its heart. Boasting a number of amazing swimming pools, a lazy river, water slides, jacuzzi and whirlpool you’re sure to have a fantastic family camping holiday here.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Grande Metairie campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Grande Metairie campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, boules, mini golf, mini farm, skateboard park, adventure course, scuba diving, pony rides, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Grande Metairie campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Grande Metairie campsite including:
- Go Karting at Ploemel – Boasting the largest open air go karting track in the region, Ploemel Go Karting is great fun for all the family. Race around this wonderful track, testing your driving skills on the bends whilst trying to overtake your competitors on the 130 metre long straight. The main circuit is available for drivers 7 years and up whilst younger drivers aged 3-6 can have a go at the special miniature circuit. Disabled visitors are also well catered for with the availability of specialised karts.
- Lorient Submarine Base – Lorient submarine base was the main U-Boat base in the area during WW2 and offers visitors an insight into life aboard a submarine. Take a tour around the massive concrete hangers that were once home to the U-Boats. Filled with a variety of displays, educational exhibits, animations and objects, the tour will guide you through everyday life of the submariners which once sailed beneath the sea. During your visit to the base you can also discover the important part it played in WW2 and once you’ve finished in the hangers, there’s the chance to climb aboard a decommissioned French Navy submarine.
- Maritime Museum, Port Louis – Port Louis is located near to the town of Lorient 30km to the north west of La Grande Metairie. The maritime museum in Port Louis can be found housed within one of the most spectacular citadels in France. The museum is home to a variety of maritime exhibitions including armaments such as canons, a variety of models, ships, paintings and sculptures. The citadel itself is exceptionally well preserved and the views of Lorient and the sea from the ramparts are excellent.
- Parc de Jeux le P’tit Delire – There’s plenty to do for all ages at le P’tit Delire. This wonderful family park boasts a whole range of different activities including water games in its splash park, inflatables, treetop trails, trampolines, mini golf, pedal karts and fun bikes. To compliment the wonderful outdoor activities the park also boasts a 600m2 indoor play area with an inflatable castle with slides, monkey bridge, tube structure, maze, obstacles and even a bouncy castle! Whatever the weather you’re sure to have a great day out.
- Carnac Standing Stones – The Standing Stones of Carnac lie right outside the campsite and dawn from the megalithic period and are one of the most visited historic monuments in Brittany. The stones stand in lines for around 2.5km which makes quite a sight. Near to the standing stones is the Musee de Prehistoire de Carnac, which has a large number of archaeological exhibitions that help to explain the area, the stones and the variety of finds that have been uncovered in the past.
Book La Grande Metairie
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Grande Metairie is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.Book your holiday