La Rive campsite is located in Biscarrosse in the Gascony region of France.
La Rive is a stunning, award winning 5 star campsite which is set within a forest on the shores of one of the best lakes in the southwest of France, Lake Biscarrosse.
Set within 15 hectares of stunningly landscaped grounds, La Rive campsite really is a holiday oasis. There’s a fantastic variety of colourful trees, plants and flowers which not only provide a great degree of shade and privacy but also aid in providing a brilliant relaxing atmosphere.
As you might hope, La Rive campsite offers visitors a fantastic selection of activities and facilities for its guest to enjoy. The usual types of sports and activities are available but the piece de resistance is the direct access the campsite has to the lake. Activities available on the lake includes fishing, pedaloes, rowing boats, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, water skiing and even windsurfing.
The nearest coastal beach to La Rive is located around 15km away. However please don’t let this put you off if you’re after a beach holiday as La Rive has direct access to it’s own lakeside beach which boasts a golden sandy beach and clear waters where families can swim, play in the sand or just relax in the sun.
Those looking for a campsite with a quality swimming pool complex will also not be disappointed. The newly developed pool complex boasts 6 swimming pools, a spa and wellness centre, jacuzzi, lazy river, various slides, wave pool and water jet park for younger visitors making it one of the best in the area.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Rive campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Rive campsite include table tennis, tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, football, boules, fishing, windsurfing, skate park, wellness area, sailing, canoeing, waterskiing, wake boarding, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Rive campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, wine shop, games room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Rive campsite including:
- Zoo du Bassin d’Archachon – Bigger than many other zoos in the region, Zoo du Bassin d’Archachon covers an area exceeding 22 acres and is home to over 600 animals from around the world. There’s an absolutely massive array of animals at the zoo including giraffes, birds, tapirs, monkeys and apes such as the macaque, orang-utan and gibbons, bears, jaguars, puma, white wolves, white tigers, tigers, lions and many, many more. Although you can visit the zoo for as long as you like, we recommend you try and spend the whole day there to get the most out of your visit. You’ll find that there’s a great feeding schedule available where you can watch a variety of the animals be fed by their keepers.
- Bisc Adventure – Bisc Adventure is a brilliant adventure centre where you can experience a tree top adventure course, bungee jumping and other thrilling activities. There’s a variety of different courses depending upon your age and ability but the centre only caters for those over the age of 4. Children of all ages (and adults) love to climb, swing, jump and slide along the courses and those older ones amongst you looking for a massive thrill will love to bungee!
- Aquapark – AquaPark is located on the opposite side of lake Biscarosse to La Rive campsite and is a water adventure park with a difference as instead of a variety of slides and swimming pools, Aquapark consists of giant inflatables on the lake itself.
- Entry to the park is paid by the hour and provides a great deal of fun for older child. The park is only open to those over the age of 8 and over a certain size. However children aged 5-8 have two allocated time slots during the week, so won’t miss out!Once inside you’ll find a variety of inflatable trampolines, catapults, giant slides, climbing walls, giant swings and many more inflatable objects to play on. Although a full day at the park would be quite expensive, after an hour or so you and your children are guaranteed to be exhausted!
- Bordeaux – Bordeaux is probably best know for being the wine capital of France however the city also boasts a great deal more than just its wine production. The city dates back to pre Roman times and as such, there are a great deal of historical building within its boundaries. A great deal of the city consists of wonderful 18th Century architecture and Bordeaux has more historical monuments than any other city in France apart from Paris. Wine making has been going on since the 8th Century and although there are many museums and buildings to see in Bordeaux, most people visit for the wine.
Book La Rive
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY