Le Bois Dormant campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-Monts in the Vendee region of France.
Le Bois Dormant
Le Bois Dormant is a Siblu Holiday Village that’s simply perfect for families looking for a slightly quieter and more relaxing holiday destination. The campsites more busier sister campsite, Le Bois Masson is right next door and all facilities on site can be utilised.
The campsite is large and located within 12 hectares of grounds on the outskirts of Saint-Jean-de-Monts. As with it’s sister site, Le Bois Dormant is impeccably landscaped with a variety of plants, shrubs and trees to offer shade and pleasant surroundings.
Around Le Bois Dormant you’ll find a vast number of cycle routes which will allow the more energetic the opportunity to explore some of the wonderful woods and beaches you may not otherwise see by car. The region as a whole boasts in excess of 700km of cycle tracks which you’d be silly not to enjoy.
The nearest beach to Le Bois Dormant is approximately 2.5km at Saint-Jean-de-Monts. Covered in soft sand, the beach stretches out as far as the eye can see and extremely family friendly with lifeguard patrolling during summer months and with gently sloping sand.
As we’ve said already one of the great things about the campsite is being able to use the facilities on its neighbouring sister site. This benefit means that you technically get two campsites for the price of one.
The main heart and soul of Le Bois Dormant is its swimming pool complex. Boasting 2 heated swimming pools, a children’s pool and range of slides you’re sure to have plenty of fun.
Campsite activities and facilities
As you’d expect from a quality Siblu campsite like Le Bois Dormant, there are a variety of activities and facilities on offer for visitors.
The on site activities at Le Bois Dormant include a multi sports area, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, basketball, boules, football, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Le Bois Dormant campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, grocery store, animation team, live shows and music, games room, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Le Bois Dormant including:
- Puy du Fou – Puy du Fou is a historical them park which offers a variety of live shows and reenactments to take you on a journey through some of the influential periods in time. This impressive spectacular is not to be missed.
- Les Sables d’Olonne – Les Sables d’Olonne is one of the best seaside resorts in the whole of the Vendee. The resort is popular with both families and water sports enthusiasts with sailing being at the forefront.
- Guerande – Guerande is a lovely medieval village where salt is found and farmed in square marshland. Guided tours are available at the salt marshes where you can find out more about the regions important product.
- Ile de Noirmoutier – The island is great place to visit with lots of lovely beaches, waters ports and fresh sea produce. The island’s 12th Century Chateau is also well worth visiting.
- Ile d’Yeu – The Ile d’Yeu is a nature lovers paradise offering a variety of pleasant coves, beaches, walks and cycle routes for you to enjoy. A ferry to the island can be caught from Noirmoutier en I’lle or from Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie.
Book Le Bois Dormant
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Le Bois Dormant is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Siblu.Book your holiday